View The Yorkshire Arboretum in a larger map
A series of four artificial water bodies set within the grounds of the arboretum.
Situated between York and Malton, the arboretum is opposite the main entrance to Castle Howard.
There is an admission fee.
Grid ref. SE705699
- Emerald Damselfly Lestes sponsa
- Large Red Damselfly Pyrrhosoma nymphula
- Blue-tailed Damselfly Ischnura elegans
- Azure Damselfly Coenagrion puella
- Common Blue Damselfly Enallagma cyathigerum
- Common Hawker Aeshna juncea
- Migrant Hawker Aeshna mixta
- Southern Hawker Aeshna cyanea
- Brown Hawker Aeshna grandis
- Emperor Dragonfly Anax imperator
- Four-spotted Chaser Libellula quadrimaculata
- Broad-bodied Chaser Libellula depressa
- Common Darter Sympetrum striolatum
- Ruddy Darter Sympetrum sanguineum
- Black Darter Sympetrum danae